Tutorial 5

Hello Everyone,

Today's lesson: Adjusting layers, Layer masks and Blend modes.


I came into Photoshop feeling very optimistic and excited. In the past I've used Photoshop in school for creative classes and assessments for other classes. I've also used it for personal use creating different projects for myself, friends and family. 

Looking though the course work up to tutorial 5 I got a refresher on a program I know and love and wanted to jump straight into it. I worked through all the material using a picture I took of a kookaburra on my first family Glamping trip. 

By the time I came to tutorial 5 I felt confident about what I had to do. I downloaded the picture that the tutorial asked us to use, opened it into Photoshop and got started. First of all starting with changing the eye colour. Simple! Using masks was new to me so this was a challenge but I quickly got the hang of it and flew through charging the eye colour from her blue/green eye to a rich dark green. 

Next was the lips. This seemed a little confusing at first but after pressing a few buttons and undoing it multiple times I manged to turn the lips from soft pink to a maroon/red. One of my favourite lip colours.

Continuing onto the background. This seemed tricky to me at first but after reading it a couple of times I managed to figure it out blurring the background even further then was. 

Next up adjusting the image. Brightness, contrast and colour correction. This part was super simple following through the previous materials I knew exactly what I was doing and felt confident to complete this part.

I saved both the project and exported the final image and did a side by side. I was very impressed with what I accomplished. 

This is all for now,
Crystle Maree

Original
Edit


Original

Edit
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Creative Drawing Tutorials and Equipment

Tutorial 7- Double Exposure Effect